Sporting Fields + Athletics Return To Play Guidelines
KANSAS CITY (August 13, 2020) — A new Local Health Officer Order announced today prohibits certain non-professional fall sports events and activities that pose a significant COVID-19 risk in Wyandotte County. The order goes into effect on Friday, August 14 at 12:01 a.m. and remains in effect until otherwise notified. Socially distanced trainings may continue as long as all participants maintain 6 feet of social distancing at all times.
Guidelines in effect at Compass Minerals Sporting Fields:
- All contact sports, including soccer, are prohibited to play games or scrimmages at Compass Minerals Sporting Fields.
- This includes but is not limited to Heartland Soccer League, KCK Adult League, Sporting Adult Soccer League, ECNL/NPL Games, KC Charity Cup, etc.
- Practices may proceed with 6 feet of social distancing at all times.
- Player and coaches will be the only people allowed within the green fence that borders the playing fields. Parents/guardians, siblings, etc. are encouraged to stay in vehicles when possible.
- Social distancing must always take place . This includes on & off the field as well as inside & outside of the green fence that borders the playing fields.
- Masks must be worn by everyone when 6 feet social distancing cannot be continuously maintained.
- Activities are limited to 45 people per field.
- Each renting organization must abide by its insurance providers’ return to play guidelines.
Guidelines in effect at Swope Soccer Village & Capitol Federal Sports Complex of Liberty:
- Social distancing must take place off the field. This includes players/coaches on the sidelines & parents/guardians/siblings/etc. during their visit to the facility.
- Individuals are required to wear a mask covering the nose and mouth when in public, outdoor space (with the exception of socially-distanced outdoor exercise). ‘Individuals’ includes all people onsite except those physically exercising.
- Players should wear masks coming to and from the facility.
- All visitors should wear masks throughout their visit to the facility.
- See reference articles below for exceptions and more information.
- Activities are to be limited to no more than 60 people per field. This includes players and coaches.
- Each renting organization must abide by its insurance provider’s return to play guidelines.
Please email Chris Boyajian (email@example.com) with any additional questions.